|Free Daredevil advice.
||[Mar. 22nd, 2011|07:59 pm]
Xylo, the Wolf Baron
In order to make a film better than the first attempt at a Daredevil I offer the following bits of advice. |
1. Don't hire B-fleck. He's terrible.
2. Same goes for any one who might be married to B-fleck.
3. Let's not make Daredevil a drug addict. That's stupid.
4. Daredevil does not kill. He does not throw out '80s action movie one-liners while people are getting hit by trains.
5. Daredevil should be somewhat protective of his secret identity. Blind guy kung fu fights on playgrounds in broad daylight in front of a crowd of spectators.
6. Kevin Smith should not have a cameo.
7. Daredevil is not red Batman. Batman is an aristocrat, Daredevil has had to work for everything he's got. Batman is a planner. His greatest strength is that he thinks of everything. Daredevil is a fighter. His greatest strength is being too stubborn to know when he's beaten.
8. The heart of Daredevil's internal conflict is between a man who believes in the rules but in order to defend them has to break them. This ties into themes of Catholic repression, which Matt fights by dressing like a devil and going a little crazy.
9. I like Jon Favreau, but he is wrong for Foggy. Foggy is more of an Andy Richter type.
10. We don't need a lot of shots of Daredevil's radar sense. We can't see the radar sense.
11. Like Spider-man, Daredevil is basically a happy guy to whom a lot of bad shit happens. The main difference is that Spider-man's woes are "I need more money" or "My Aunt is sick" whereas Daredevil deals with shit like, "My ex-girlfriend sold my secret identity for crack."